Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Estimated duration of 4 months with the potential for extension or conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Labor Category: Staff Assistant III
• Provide secretarial support to Section Management, the Business Administration Manager and technical staff.
• Manage complex calendars for Section management and conference room schedules
• Coordinate meetings via Outlook, and arrange conference calls via WebEx.
• Preparing and processing foreign and domestic travel, generating travel reports, processing affiliate badge requests for domestic and foreign visitors and escorting visitors as necessary.
• Answer phones, process visitor’s requests, update the Section's organization charts and perform ad-hoc assignments as necessary.
• P-card purchasing, requisitions and iProcurement orders.
• Assisting with preparation of presentations, graphics, and website inputs, including proofreading and editing, coordinating office moves and new hire preparations.
• May assist in performing ergonomic evaluations, updating WAMs, coordinating on-site and off-site workshops and other ad hoc assignments.
• Assist with Early Career/Experienced/Contractor hire on-lab interviews. Including, but not limited to preparation of interview schedule, escorting, etc.
• Providing office support to multiple technical groups within the Tracking Systems and Applications Section, as well as providing back-up support to the Section Office and other groups as needed.
• Demonstrating a solid customer service orientation, great organization skills, and flexibility in the performance of the job.
• Prioritizing work and completing assignments accurately and in a timely manner.
• Regularly supporting multiple and varied ad hoc assignments.
• Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Typically requires a High School diploma with a minimum of 8 years of related experience; Associates degree with a minimum of 4 years of related experience; or Bachelors degree with a minimum of 1 year of related experience; related required training.
• Advanced understanding of both general and detailed aspects of job and work techniques in the area of secretarial or administrative assistant; as well as practical applications to problems and situations ordinarily encountered.
• Advanced understanding of office procedures and personal computer applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, and Visio).
• Excellent planning and scheduling skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure on multiple complex tasks, and work independently with minimal supervision to meet commitments with high quality products.
• Willingness to learn new technologies and tools to enhance and/or improve office procedures and processes.
• Motivated self-starter who takes the initiative to establish and implement process improvements.
• Ability to evaluate situations and apply good judgement in any necessary resolution.
• Must be a team player with excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel and provide excellent customer service.
• Must exercise proper discretion when handling assignments of a discreet nature and when dealing with sensitive material.
• Proven success in the administrative support profession with the ability to maintain patience and composure in a dynamic work environment that includes interruptions and changing priorities.
• Highly organized and extensive experience calendaring complex schedules
• Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Timekeeping
• Extensive understanding of JPL/ESD policies, procedures, and practices.
• Staff Assistant experience in a technical section office environment.
• Experience using JPL-based tools such as Concur, Service Order Modules, Timekeeping, Requisitions, P-card, UCS, WAMs, Property Manager
Gateway Administrator, and JPL-ID.
• Experience with the JPL-ID process and on-boarding of volunteers, affiliates, and foreign nationals.
• Experience with JPL foreign and domestic travel policies and procedures.
• Familiar with MS Project, Access, Sharepoint, Photoshop, Publisher.
• Ability to identify, learn, and apply new processes to improve o?ce operations.
• General understanding of JPL facilities, safety, and property policies and procedures.
• Willingness to look for, learn, and apply new Information Technology (IT) tools to office procedures and processes.
Number of positions