Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen
Some travel may be required
Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
Labor Category: Management Analyst 2/ 3/ 4/ 5
Columbus Technologies and Services Inc. is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Columbus offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Management Analyst to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
This is a long-term position which offers:
- Competitive salary
- Tremendous growth opportunity
- Opportunity to work at NIH, the world's foremost medical research center
- Learn more about what Columbus can do for you at www.columbususa.com
The contractor shall:
• Work closely with and serve as liaison between the Office of the Director (OD) and the entire NIH staff, including Associate Directors, Division Directors, Institute and Center Directors, and departmental staff, to achieve organizational objectives.
• Provide various administrative logistical support to include, and not limited to, answering phone calls, assisting with NIDDK Conference room management and maintenance, coordinating and updating calendars as needed, collecting and collating information as requested, document scanning and copying, and submitting and completing purchasing requisitions on behalf of the OD.
• Review and edit draft material submitted for approval and/or signature.
• Prepare responses to letters dealing with sensitive issues for signature by the Office of the Director.
• Work with staff to prepare a variety of materials to include, and not limited to, cover letters, correspondence, slides, graphs, tables, charts and other data for incorporation into the presentations.
• Make travel arrangements using proprietary NIH systems for staff, to include and not limited to, making transportation and hotel reservations; arranging and preparing itineraries, and all necessary forms including travel orders and vouchers, per IC and NIH travel policy and requirements.
• Ensure that assignments are forwarded for review and analysis by appropriate staff.
• Maintain a structured mechanism to coordinate the monitoring and tracking by staff on action correspondence; ensure timely execution; prepare routine reports on the status of such documents, and to follow up on actions as appropriate.
The contractor must have:
• Master’s degree in a related discipline; three (3) years of specialized experience plus a Bachelor’s degree is equivalent to a Master’s degree.
• Minimum of three (3) years of related experience.
• Expertise in Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.).
• Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
• Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal and time management skills.
• Acute attention to detail.
• Team player and excellent customer service skills.
• Professional with strong, collegial interpersonal and communication skills, with an understanding that this is partially a receptionist position and is in the Director’s office
• Available until 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, as the candidate will not be eligible for a flexible schedule or teleworking for at least a year
• Technology proficiency with the ability to learn new systems
• Organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Attention to detail
• Consistent dependability
Number of positions