Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Estimated duration of 18 months with the potential for extension or conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Labor Category: Software Systems Engineer II
The selected candidate will serve as the DevOPS Engineer on JPL projects working with the project Ground Data Systems (GDS) leadership team or GDS engineers. In this role, the candidate will develop and/or use tools to automate and streamline software release across the project infrastructure as well as continually monitors the health and security once the updates are deployed, while applying industry best practices.
• Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Experience working with deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Puppet, Docker, Terraform, Jenkins).
• Experience working with collaboration tools such as Git, Wiki, JIRA, etc …
• Strong Python language programming skills
• Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
• Familiarity with standard IT security practices such as encryption, certificates and key management.
• Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
• Ability to resolve highly complex and/or technical system issues.
• Superior interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong commitment to customer satisfaction with effective broad-based teamwork skills.
• Able to work flexible hours
Desired Skills :
• Actual working knowledge of puppet and writing puppet modules
• Experience with design, implementation and support of continuous integration and continuous deployments (CI/CD) pipeline
• Experienced with operations support and automation of operational processes
• Basic understanding of MySQL
• Knowledge of AWS cloud services
Number of positions