Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Some travel may be required
Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
Columbus Technologies and Services Inc. is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Columbus offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking Project Manager to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
This is a long-term position which offers:
- Competitive salary
- Tremendous growth opportunity
- Opportunity to work at NIH, the world's foremost medical research center
- Learn more about what Columbus can do for you at www.columbususa.com
The contractor shall:
Digital Information Management
A. Website project support:
• Work in collaboration with CC website management staff to manage and support Clinical Center web projects by serving as project liaison between CC department staff and CC web site management staff; ensure that all deliverables are in compliance with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as it pertains to Federal government websites and their content.
• Manage and provide updates for Institute websites.
• Lead participatory design sessions (paper/interactive) and contextual evaluations to design and maintain websites.
• Conceptualize user experience design solutions in online environments.
• Direct and guide user testing, usability testing and product evaluations with mockups, prototypes and visual designs to comply with Institute user experience standards.
• Meet with customers to identify usability research questions, design and products studies; communicate results to Clinical Center staff.
• Perform post-development usability testing to determine whether finished products have met Clinical Center and usability objectives and inform designs of future releases.
• Act as a liaison between Institute website stakeholders and public inquiries.
B. Social Media Support
• Maintain and utilize aspects of social media to disseminate information to Clinical Center audiences.
• Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
- The contractor must have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Journalism, Communications, or a related discipline. Four (4) years of specialized experience plus a high school diploma is equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree.
• Minimum of five (5) years of related experience.
• Experience in website management, social media, user design, online design usability and conducting usability assessments.
• Knowledge of Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as it pertains to Federal government websites (see http://www.hhs.gov/od/508policy/index.html).
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) with the use of tools such as tracked changes, commenting, document merge and Adobe Acrobat.
• Demonstrated experience in scientific writing, editing, layout and design, publication clearance and overall desktop and web-publishing procedures.
• Knowledge of grammar, writing and editing principles, concepts and techniques and style requirements, and the use of Federal Plain Language strategies.
• Experience interviewing subject-matter experts on a variety of scientific topics and translating that material into plain language articles of varying lengths.
• Ability to research, review, analyze, interpret, organize and draft materials in appropriate format; skill in fact finding analysis to interpret and organize data.
• Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
• Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to manage projects, multitask and pay close attention to detail.
Number of positions