Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Estimated duration of 5 months with the potential for extension or conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Labor Category: Electrical Engineer III
- As an Electronics Engineer in the JPL Power I&T and BTE Group, you will be designing and testing electronics subsystems and support equipment and will be involved in all aspects of power electronics development from concept to delivery. As a key member of the team, you will
• Participate as part of a subsystem electronics development team and be helping with reviews of electronics, electronics test equipment, and test plans.
• Develop and execute task plans and budgets for test campaigns for space flight hardware, including functional, stress, and environmental testing of power electronics.
• Developing system designs and requirements for space power systems and power electronics.
• Design and develop power and sensor electronics for space missions and other applications.
• Handling the design, development, procurement, integration, configuration management, and application of test equipment and all related software used for testing power and other electronic hardware at all levels, from components through assemblies, including the collection and archiving of test data to institutional requirements, and maintenance and certification of the power electronics test laboratory to ensure the safety of flight hardware.
• Help with the responsibility for all documentation related to conceptual development, reliability, structural, and thermal analyses, design drawings, and build, assembly, and test.
• Report on technical progress, schedule, and budget to Line, Project, and Institutional Management.
• In addition, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the development of advanced electronics technology and enhancing and enabling future missions, and supporting the development of mission proposals through expertise in the current state-of-the-practice in space electronics.
• Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar technical discipline with typically a minimum of 3 years of related experience, a Master’s degree in similar disciplines with typically a minimum of 1 year of related experience, or a PhD in similar disciplines.
• You have wide-ranging experience and advanced knowledge in the following areas:
• Deep understanding and experience in Analog Electronics, Controls, or Power Systems Design
• Proven experience in crafting, developing, fabricating, assembly and testing of analog or power electronics hardware
• Experience with test software and hardware, particularly using LabView and LabView-compatible test equipment, including the selection, assembly, and use of electronic bench test equipment
• Knowledge of:
• circuit design and board design software associated with electronics development
• industry and/or academic practices and standards across a range of applications related to the development, testing and integration of electronic assemblies for space applications
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills in relating to both internal and external customers
• Strong ability to multi-task with an established track record of meeting schedules with milestones
• Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to work with fluctuating and competing environments
Desired Skills :
- Preferred qualifications include experience and demonstrated capability in the areas of:
• The use of computer aided engineering tools to support the electronics design process
• The application of principles, theories, concepts and techniques in electronic circuit design, simulation, and test, particularly focused on analog electronics in space environments
• Military, Aerospace & Space hardware development experience
Number of positions