HR Generalist I
Job opening ID
HR Generalist I
HR Generalist I
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Travel is required.
Labor Category: HR Generalist I
Performs a variety of professional/administrative human resource functions, which include new hire and separation processing, performance review and merit increase processing, and other employment related duties under general supervision. Participates in special assignments related to developing and/or designing new or changed human resource programs and practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
1. Interacts professionally with various levels of Company employees and outside representatives.
2. Handles highly confidential information.
3. Initiates and processes all on-boarding and off-boarding paperwork.
4. Establishes and maintains personnel and other files and records and assigns employee ID numbers for all new personnel.
5. Records changes on all employee status as necessary; e.g., change of address, tax withholdings, departmental transfers, rate increases, terminations, etc.
6. Verifies payroll changes.
7. Utilizes E-Verify for I9 processing and verification
8. Processes pre-employment background checks and drug testing
9. Processes and records information, such as personal data, compensation, benefits, tax data; attendance, performance reviews or evaluations, and termination date and reason, etc in HRIS.
10. Schedules and conducts new hire orientations
11. Responds to employee’s questions timely
12. Updates employee files to document personnel actions and to provide information for payroll and other uses.
13. Assists in developing & documenting departmental processes
14. Extracts and compiles a variety of data for consolidation in various reports, including management reports and proposals and develops/modifies HRIS reports.
15. Maintains and distributes current employee information, policy and procedure manuals, and other communication.
16. Works closely with Program Management staff and makes occasional on-site customer visits
17. Conducts on-going follow up calls and emails with employees
18. Conducts HR internal audits
19. Assists with Employee Relations
20. Performs diversified clerical and administrative activities.
21. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Must be a US Citizen
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or other related field. 2-4 years of Human Resources experience and a working knowledge of human resource policies and procedures.
• Current experience with ADP HRIS Program Workforce Now required.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced, environment, be able to multi-task, and possess strong organizational, written and oral communication skills.
• Must portray high levels of professionalism, organization, motivation and positive attitude in all endeavors.
Number of positions