Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Seeking a sharp, highly-motivated, engineer to specialize in and support environmental testing across a variety of exciting space programs, as we continue to grow our small space camera hardware development and production team.
• Plan, setup, and operate thermal-vacuum tests of critical flight hardware.
• Monitor tests onsite and remotely and be on call 24/7 to quickly respond to anomalies.
• Design and implement retrofits to thermal-vacuum chamber for improvements to reliability, performance, and capability.
• Support design of tests and development of test plans.
• Coordinate with vendors to maintain test facilities, including thermal chambers with mechanical refrigeration, thermal chambers with LN2 cooling, and thermal-vacuum chambers.
• Support offsite EMI/EMC testing and shock/vibration testing, as required.
• Write and maintain standard operating procedures for environmental test facilities.
• Specify and oversee installation of new test facilities.
• Develop test plans and procedures. Run tests in a production setting and train technicians to run tests.
• Write Python scripts for analysis and reporting of test data.
• Design systems of test equipment to support testing and write Python scripts to drive automated tests.
• Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Fluency with military test standards preferred.
• Requires proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Fluency in Python preferred.
• Experience with Altium Designer and/or SolidWorks preferred.
• Requires 5 years of experience and a B.S. in a relevant engineering field.
Number of positions