Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Estimated duration of 12 months with the potential for extension or conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Labor Category: Systems Engineer IV
As a Systems Engineer for the Avionics Subsystem Engineering Group (349A), you will be working for Flight Electronics and Software Systems Section, providing leadership and expertise in Avionics Systems Engineering, Flight C&DH Hardware, Flight Software, Simulation and Support Equipment, Avionics Integration, Test, and Operations and Advanced Electronics, Processor, and Software Research.
As a Systems Engineer III in the Avionics Subsystem Engineering Group, you will be responsible for leading and planning the system engineering activities and products for a subsystem which includes hardware and software.
Functioning as the systems engineer for the implementation and delivery of the subsystem, you will develop and maintain subsystem architectures, requirements, and interfaces. You will define, coordinate, balance and integrate technical and programmatic issues in a holistic manner to ensure that the hardware and software system satisfies requirements, expectations, and constraints within the allocated resources and with acceptable risk. You will also manage technical resources; analyze and model the design; verify and validate the subsystem; contribute to risk management; and control the subsystem change process.
• Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
Specific responsibilities include:
• Develop requirements, functional architecture, design, documentation, and interface definition to external elements.
• Ensure that the design meets functional and performance requirements and complies with institutional standards, reliability requirements, project requirements, and approved waivers.
• Develop system architectures and risk management analyses.
• Work independently on key projects and assignments with only limited direction.
• Lead working groups or design teams as needed to conduct trades or resolve technical issues.
• Develop, prepare and execute verification and validation plans.
• Present complex avionics concepts to line management, project management and technical reviewers.
• Provide technical input for all project milestone reviews and management reviews.
• Track and resolve technical issues within and external to the subsystem.
• Oversee anomaly tracking, disposition and corrective action for the subsystem.
• Mentor and coach junior members of the team.
• This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering or related technical discipline with typically a minimum of 6 years of related experience; a Master’s degree in similar disciplines with a minimum of 4 years of related experience; or a PhD in similar disciplines with a minimum of 2 years related experience.
• Advanced knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Systems Engineering, Digital Electronics, Software, Reliability Engineering, and/or Integration and Test.
• Extensive understanding and wide application of advanced principles, theories, concepts and techniques of Systems Engineering.
• Demonstrated experience with integrated hardware/software developments.
• Proven experience with hardware/software configuration management.
• Knowledge of industry and/or academic practices and standards across a range of systems applications.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to conduct project level reviews and status reports.
Number of positions