Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Estimated duration of 17 months with the potential for extension or conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Labor Category: Facilities Engineer IV
- Will be a member of the Construction Administration (CA) Group and will report to the CA Supervisor. Will be responsible for the collection and validation of information and data from multiple sources.
- Evaluate the quality of work performed by Contractors. Inspect work for compliance to job plans and quality of work for related work areas, etc.
- Identify deficiencies in work performed and reference contract clauses where subcontractor is in non-compliance.
- Maintain and generate reports to verify subcontractor performance.
- Perform design reviews and plan checks for new construction and reconstruction projects.
- Participate in punch walks and report findings.
- Inspect work of Subcontractor.
- Stay abreast of technical developments and advances in the construction field.
- Develops statements of work and basis for design for new projects.
- Participates in preparation of capital budgets for infrastructure upgrades.
- Report project status (safety, cost, schedule, and quality) and issues/problems to management.
- Execute job duties in accordance with NASA approved directives and policies, JPL RULES! And industry best practices.
- Be a team leader, accountable for team results on multi-functional and/or multidisciplinary projects and assignments, including performance standards, budget and schedule.
- Mentors and coaches’ others internal and external to organization and inside and outside scope of responsibility.
- Applies experience and knowledge in one or more related fields to provide leadership, oversight, and monitoring to an organization’s technical products, services, and/or capabilities and provides assessment of technical deliverables.
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment in evaluating potential approaches and solutions to new and unusual problems with organization wide impact and determining appropriate resolutions.
• Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management with a minimum of 5-10 years of related experience or 15 years’ experience in the construction industry in a managing capacity.
• Understanding of principles, theories, concepts and techniques in Construction Management; understanding of technical developments in appropriate fields, with specific emphasis on project management.
• Experience in problem solving; demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills; documentation skills; self starter; ability to work with project teams in a dynamic and fast paced, technical environment. Ability to work effectively as a member of a team and independently.
• Proficient in MS Office/Project programs and general PC application programs.
• Has wide-ranging experience and advanced knowledge in one or more related fields of knowledge in Construction.
• Extensive experience in estimating a wide range of construction projects including labor hours and material take offs.
• Extensive knowledge of applicable industry practices and standards in construction.
• Ability to effectively communicate with supervisor, other construction administrators, as well as contractors and consultants.
• Excellent working knowledge of, and experience with Cal OSHA and safety practices in the construction industry.
• Excellent working knowledge of construction contracting methods (design-bid-build, design-build, fixed-price, task order, time & materials) and evaluation methods (low bid, best value, evaluated procurement).
• Excellent working knowledge of developing construction schedules.
• Working knowledge of current California building/construction codes and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements.
• Certification as a Building Inspector by ICC is desirable or must be willing to obtain certification in a specified length of time.
• Knowledge of Bluebeam, Tririga, MS Project and Meridian software programs.
Number of positions