Electrical Systems Engineer
Job opening ID
Electrical Systems Engineer
Electrical Systems Engineer
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Estimated duration of 17 months with the potential for extension or conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Labor Category: Electrical Engineer IV
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced engineer to join the Electrical System Engineering group (313G). You will report to the group supervisor and work on tasks such as:
• Developing electrical interface systems engineering products including electrical interface and grounding requirements and verifications, ground trees, electrical interface function lists and circuit data sheets, and electrical services resource reports
• Developing electrical systems engineering products including power and energy models and margin reports, power requirements and verifications and power/pyro functional design descriptions.
• Your initial assignment will be to serve as an Electrical System Engineer working on the group’s deliverables to the Psyche or Europa Clipper Project.
- Specific near-term tasks include:
• Preparing a power switch list
• Supporting power and electrical, grounding, and avionics flight system trade studies;
• Overseeing and ensuring proper implementation of power, pyro, and electrical interface and grounding requirements across the system including in subsystem and instrument end circuit designs and harness engineering design products.
• Reporting and presenting power, electrical, and grounding issues, trades, status, and results to flight systems engineering team.
In the long run, you may work on tasks such as generating sectional and/or end-to-end electrical interface analysis results using Matlab, MagicDraw, SPICE, and Capital analysis tools; management of the electrical systems engineering flight product deliverable schedule and receivables/deliverables; and preparing test procedures.
Other job responsibilities may include:
• Collaborating with EMC experts with issue resolutions, requirement specification and waiver mitigation
• Managing flight system engineering change request orders
• Defining and implementing the electrical flight systems engineering model based systems engineering product development process
• Leading and implementing the circuit data sheet development process using Mentor Graphics Capital suite of tools.
• Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• The qualified candidate must have advanced knowledge and experience in more than one of the following areas: electrical interface systems engineering, electromagnetic compatibility, power engineering, aerospace engineering, systems engineering of system and subsystem level interfaces, requirements definition, flow-down, and verification of system level, subsystem level, or inter-subsystem requirements of space systems.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 6 years of professional experience; master’s degree in similar disciplines with 4 years of experience; or doctorate with 2 years of experience.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, presentation, written communication, negotiation and organizational skills.
• Recent experience with in leading high visibility extremely complex electrical interface compatibility, grounding, electrical fault propagation tiger teams; and in leading system level electrical systems, avionics engineering design teams and delivering electrical interface design products..
• Ability to work in a multi-discipline environment with system and specialist engineers.
• Proven experience in leading and/or working with an interdisciplinary team of system engineers involving spacecraft, instruments, and/or launch vehicle, mission operations, and science personnel.
• Proven experience in defining, developing and verifying electrical interface requirements; performing interface and cross talk analyses; troubleshooting of issues related to grounding, EMI, signal integrity; developing and reviewing engineering products such as electrical interface control documents, electrical interface schematics, electrical block diagrams, ground tree diagrams, grounding analyses and technical specifications of harnesses; interface resource tracking and management.
• Proven experience implementing electrical architecture design optimization trade studies.
• Proven experience using ECAD tools for design and analysis.
• Proven experience in using circuit and system level electrical modeling and analysis tools.
• Proven experience working directly or as oversight function with industry partners.
• Ability to interact with external customers, external NASA centers, flight system managers, flight system engineering leads, subsystem engineers, element managers and line managers.
• Recent flight system experience in electrical issue resolution.
• Experience in power, electrical, grounding, EMC, and avionics requirements development and/or requirements management.
• Experience in electrical and EMC simulation tools.
• Experience with state-of-the-art modeling methods and tools.
• Experience in developing and infusing electrical design CAD tools into flight projects or subsystems.
• Willingness to obtain a security clearance if applying from outside Section 313.
• Complete knowledge of Laboratory policies and procedures, NASA policies and procedures, and government regulations across a range of applications.
Number of positions