Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Estimated duration of 18 months with the potential for extension or conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Labor Category: Systems Engineer III
You will report to the Group Supervisor and work on tasks such as planning, development, and execution of ATLO activities and procedures, executing verification and validation testing at the flight system level, and support behavioral testing for the flight system.
The assignment will be to serve as an Electrical Engineer or Systems Engineer working on the group’s deliverables to the Europa Clipper or NISAR Project. Specific near-term tasks include working in the System Testbed and developing electrical interface tests for the Europa Clipper flight system. You will be developing and running scripts to perform interface and functional tests at the systems level.
You may work on tasks such as electrical integration activities, system functional testing, and supporting environments testing at the system level, in both the system level testbed and the flight system.
Other job responsibilities may include:
• Anomaly investigation
• Supporting software and hardware reviews
• Performing launch site test activities
• Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, physical sciences, or mathematics with a minimum of 6 years of professional experience, or Master’s degree with 4 years of experience, or Ph.D with 2 years of experience.
• Demonstrated skills in designing, implementing, and testing electronic hardware or instruments that are used within complex space systems.
* Extensive experience developing scripts using Python, Robot Framework, or other languages and test operating systems.
* Extensive system level on console or floor experience testing space vehicles at the system level.
• Experience within a multidisciplinary system engineering or test team at the space vehicle level.
• Demonstrated knowledge of processes that are used to verify/validate the design requirements of systems.
• Experience in testing of systems, including test planning, test procedure development, and data analysis.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to collaborate successfully with other groups, sections, divisions, and organizations, both inside and outside JPL.
• Experience with development of formal procedures and documentation relating to space flight hardware
• Ability to react to frequent changes in plans and excel in a rapid pace concurrent engineering environment.
• Detailed knowledge of Laboratory policies and procedures, NASA policies and procedures, and government regulations across a range of applications.
• Understanding of the proper application of JPL design principles, flight project practices, hardware-handling constraints, and the JPL risk management practices.
• Previous experience in Systems Integration and Test at JPL
• Previous experience performing V&V utilizing system level test beds
Number of positions