Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Estimated duration of 4 months with the potential for extension or conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Labor Category: Staff Assistant II
• Provide administrative support for the Small Business Programs Office
• Demonstrating a solid customer service orientation, great organization skills, and flexibility in the performance of the job
• Scheduling, coordinating and facilitating meetings via Outlook
• Assisting with preparation of documentation, presentations, graphics, and website inputs, including proofreading and editing
• Provide event coordination by reserving rooms, arranging food and other pertinent logistics, completing visitor management request
• Generation of regular reports to a variety of management teams
• Maintaining data accuracy across a number of tracking systems
• Attending relevant meetings to proactively provide support in the maintenance of a variety of systems
• Providing logistics support for both on-site and off-site meetings and conferences as needed
• Prioritizing work and completing assignments accurately and in a timely manner
• Regularly supporting multiple and varied ad hoc assignments
• Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office -- Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• An Associate’s degree with a minimum of 2 years of related experience; related required training
• Strong communication and writing skills – ability to synthesize data and communicating insights adjusted for various target audiences
• Experience compiling data in reports intended for upper management
• Strong customer service experience – working with challenging customers who may be under stress, facilitating meetings with lively discussions
• Event coordination – room reservations, arranging food and other pertinent logistics
• Solid understanding of general job aspects specifically in the secretarial/administrative support profession with strong organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure on multiple tasks while meeting commitments with high quality results and output.
• Willingness to learn new technologies and tools to enhance and/or improve office procedures and processes
• Proven success in the administrative support profession with the ability to maintain patience and composure in a dynamic work environment that includes interruptions and changing priorities.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business Administration, English, Business Management or a related discipline with 2 years of related experience
Number of positions