Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be authorized to work in the United States
W2 with full benefits
Some travel may be required
Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
Columbus Technologies and Services Inc. is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Columbus offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Bioinformatics Scientist to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
This is a long-term position which offers:
- Competitive salary
- Tremendous growth opportunity
- Opportunity to work at NIH, the world's foremost medical research center
- Learn more about what Columbus can do for you at www.columbususa.com
• Collaborate with researchers on running third-party software and interpreting results.
• Use genomic software to interpret exome sequence data.
• Generate and maintain pipeline scripts to streamline repetitive analyses for laboratory re-searchers.
• Maintain current genomic databases and datasets in the laboratory.
• Write scripts in Perl and/or Python, and R.
• Visualize and generate figures to graphically represent complex data using R.
• Work with staff scientist and PI on the integration of genomic with neuroimaging data.
• Submit data to various public databases.
• Prepare data to share with collaborators.
• Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computer Science or a related discipline; three (3) years of spe-cialized experience plus a Master’s degree is equivalent to a Ph.D.
• Minimum of four (4) years of related experience with strong programming and database skills.
• Fluency in writing scripts in Perl and/or Python, and R.
• Ability to visualize and generate figures to graphically represent complex data using R.
• Working knowledge of Windows and Mac OS.
• Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
• Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to work in a diverse team and sensitivity to the needs for maintaining the privacy of research participants.
Number of positions