Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Estimated duration of 4 months with the potential for extension or conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Labor Category: Systems Engineer II
The R&D project area requires an Embedded Systems engineer to support the firmware development and test integration of compact wireless sensor modules. Responsibilities will involve developing highly reliable and functional firmware for micro-controllers and/or other embedded processors for wireless applications. Additionally, design and develop robust wireless communications mesh network to support numerous devices transmitting and receiving data simultaneously.
• Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Driving (a government issued vehicle) is required for this position. Must have a valid California driver’s license, a clean driving record and successfully pass a DMV check.
• Experience developing firmware for micro-controllers and embedded systems for real-time operation.
• Experience with hardware/software interaction.
• Working knowledge of embedded system interfaces and topics such as UART, SPI, I2C, I2S, USB, ADC, DAC.
• Strong understanding of Wireless RF technologies and protocols (ZigBee and LoRa).
• Strong firmware design and development skills.
• Hardware debug experience, including familiarity with tools such as the oscilloscope and logic analyzer.
• Strong skills in performance optimization and unit testing/troubleshooting.
• Basic signal processing for sensor systems.
• Concurrently support FPGA developments.
• Effective communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and in a team.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Number of positions