Sr. Java Developer
Job opening ID
Sr. Java Developer
Sr. Java Developer
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen
W2 with full benefits
Pay Range - $67-73.50/hr
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Labor Category: Software Engineer- V (PI)
Seeking a highly motivated Software Engineer that works with minimal supervision/guidance to support the Advanced Weather Interactive Processing System (AWIPS) program using Java, Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) architecture, and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) / Enterprise Bus (ESB) software technologies. The candidate must have experience and knowledge with software engineering using object-oriented methodologies. The candidate will work as a software developer and integrator as part of a development team, which utilizes a diverse dynamic workforce, including many experts in their fields throughout the design, development and maintenance life cycle.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Oversee technical design, development, and implementation of large projects and/or major software products and systems.
• Assist in defining architecture requirements and establishing standards for design and development.
• Consult with management and customers regarding product feasibility and viability of product plans and designs.
• Factor emerging technologies and product supportability into design and implementation.
• Serve as primary technical resource to development team.
• Act as team leader in prioritizing group tasks, determining individual assignments, and reviewing work of lower-level developers.
• Provide product demonstrations and participate in trade shows, seminars, industry panels, and user group meetings.
• Interact with customers regarding strategies, requirements, problem solving, and support.
• Work with the technical lead, other developers, System Engineering and Test Engineering to participate in peer reviews and to ensure successful integration with other software components. Work with minimal supervision/guidance.
• Provide tradeoffs between reuse options, Operations & Management (O&M) implications, and cost/schedule/performance issues. Support subsystem risk/opportunity identification. Provide weekly status (technical and schedule) for tasks.
• Must be a US Citizen
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a Public Trust - candidate must be able to pass a National Agency Check (NAC).
• Bachelor of Science, BS in a Math, Science or Engineering related field
• Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher. (Please include your GPA on your resume)
• Eight (8) or more years directly related to software development engineering in Java. A thorough understanding of Java gained through formal training can substitute for this experience
• Eight or more years of experience in software development using Object Oriented Methodologies.
• Strong English written and oral communication skills
• Eight (8) or more years of experience using Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) and/or Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) web services architecture. A thorough understanding of ESB or J2EE gained through formal training can substitute for this experience.
• Experience with Software design tools such as Rational Rose, Rhapsody, or comparable tools
• Experience with scripting is a plus (Perl & Python as well as others)
• Experience and/or knowledge with Web Service design and development
• Experience and/or knowledge with Service Oriented Architecture
• Experience developing and/or supporting solutions for weather and meteorological science.
• Two or more years of experience in a supervisor role. Experience as a mentor. Experience as an Integrated Product Team (IPT) lead.
• Experience in Extensible Markup Language (XML), Unified Modeling Language (UML), Eclipse IDE, database, and/or Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) a plus.
• Experience in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or OpenGL technologies a plus.
Number of positions