MCAE Systems Engineer
Job opening ID
MCAE Systems Engineer
MCAE Systems Engineer
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Estimated duration of 18 months with the potential for extension or conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Labor Category: Systems Engineer IV
We are seeking a self-motivated individual who can work well independently and in a team environment as the Mechanical Computer Aided Engineering (MCAE)Systems Engineering lead. Reporting functionally to the Engineering Tools and Data Management Group and programmatically to the Engineering Tools and Processes Project, you will be joining a stellar team of forward-thinking leaders at JPL dedicated to ensuring JPL's mechanical engineers are provided with a comprehensive and integrated MCAE environment that includes mechanical design, analysis, and simulation. Actions and decisions of this role will have a highly significant and positive impact on a multifunctional organization.
This position is expected to:
• Work closely with project management, as well as the mechanical community to ensure functionality and usability of the evolving MCAE
• Ensure seamless integration of MCAE tools with EPDM (Engineering Product Data Management).
• Lead small engineering/IT teams to develop plans for deployment of additional functionality in MCAE tools.
• Coordinate/lead business process engineering sessions to identify business needs and requirements that will drive tool choices and priorities.
• Provide recommendations to project management on priorities and roadmaps that support engineering needs.
• Handle requests for new MCAE tools, upgrades, integrations, etc. from the user community.
• Facilitate the development of processes and documentation for MCAE.
• Form relationships with key EPDM/CAE vendors.
• Work with OCIO to plan and conduct product training for both end users and to internal IT teams.
• Support OCIO validation and verification of the EPDM and MCAE platforms.
• Direct OCIO team members to appropriately deploy tools.
• Be the Lead ESD representative for user acceptance of delivered MCAE products.
• Interact closely with solution architects, program managers, software developers, system administrators, and line management in support of the
• Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field with a minimum of 9 years of related experience; Master’s degree with 7 years experience; or PhD with 5 years experience.
• Expert knowledge in NX and/or SolidWorks tools.
• Experience with TeamCenter and CAD integrations.
• Extensive understanding of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), Product Data Management (PDM), Mechanical Computer Aided
• Design/Engineering (CAD/CAE), Bill of Material (BOM) Management
• Knowledge of applicable industry and/or academic practices and standards in: Product Data Management, Customer Relationship Management, Requirements Gathering, User Acceptance, Data Migration and Verification, and Process Engineering.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively capture and transfer technical and functional information at all JPL Levels.
• Ability to conduct product demos, user workshops, training, and user acceptance testing.
• Ability to direct team members in OCIO to organize and deploy licenses, servers and other IT processes.
• Ability to manage vendor relationships including licensing discussions and aligning vendor roadmaps based on institutional needs.
• Excellent leadership skills, capable of guiding, synergizing, and training a team of functional users.
• Knowledgeable with 3-D visualization tools such as SolidWorks Composer and Cortona3D.
• Significant experience and expertise in visioning, architecting, planning, deploying, and operating CAD/CAE environments.
• Experience with CAE simulation and analysis tools including tools like Simcenter, STAR-CCM, Femap, NASTRAN, and Ansys.
• Familiarity with ECAD tools including Mentor Electronic Design Automation and Altium Designer.
Number of positions