Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
W2 with full benefits
Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
Some travel may be required.
Labor Category: Software Engineer (Senior)
The Columbus Team is looking for a Software Engineer to support the GSMO-2 contract at the Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) in Greenbelt, MD in support of the GOES-R Program. The successful candidate will have experience in the area of Software and VM/Cloud sustainment support. Work is mostly at GSFC, with occasional travel to NOAA NSOF in Suitland, MD or Melborne, FL.
General information as follows:
Key Elements: Analysis, design, programming, and modification of computer programs for software products and customer applications. Develops overall system architecture, program specifications, and system test procedure. Converts project specifications and procedures to detailed logical flow charts for coding into computer language. Write code and complete programming, testing and debugging of applications. Determines forms, procedures and other documentation needed for the installation and maintenance of application programs.
Key Skills and Abilities: Skilled in high level programming languages, e.g., C/C++, Java, Visual Basic, FORTRAN. Familiar with using Computer-Assisted Software Engineering (CASE) tools and Rapid Application Development (RAD) and Joint Application Development (JAD) methods. A degree in the discipline area of Computer Science, Computer Engineer, Software Engineering, or Management of Information Technology is appropriate.
• Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a credit check
• Bachelor's of Science Degree or Higher
• Minimum Years of experience 7 years
• The GOES-R Ground Segment Sustainment team is looking for an experienced Software Engineer.
• This Software Engineer will support several key initiatives, including Enhanced Auditing of the Ground Segment, Server migration and adoption of virtualization technology.
• Candidates should be team-oriented and experienced with VMWare, containers and Cloud technologies.
• OpenAudit experience is an additionally valuable skill.
• Experience working on the NOAA GOES-R program, or other related NASA or NOAA mission is desired; however, experience with other US Government or commercial systems will be considered.
Number of positions