Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be authorized to work in the United States
W2 with full benefits
Some travel may be required
Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
Columbus Technologies and Services Inc. is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Columbus offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Management Analyst to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
This is a long-term position which offers:
- Competitive salary
- Tremendous growth opportunity
- Opportunity to work at NIH, the world's foremost medical research center
- Learn more about what Columbus can do for you at www.columbususa.com
• Develop, analyze, evaluate, advise on, and/or improve the effectiveness of policies and procedures, delegations of authority, risk management and internal controls, organization-al changes, workforce planning, programmatic oversight and reporting, information and documentation systems, and similar functions of management.
• Support NHLBI’s enterprise efforts in improving the management, governance, and ac-cessibility of policies, SOPs, and supporting guidance. Assist with the implementa-tion/execution of NHLBI’s policy/SOP framework. Help to improve NHLBI’s delivery of guidance to staff by ensuring quality and consistency across NHLBI’s inventory of policies, SOPs, and supporting documents. Consider the best way to connect staff to in-formation from both an editorial and technical standpoint. In coordination with MAS senior analyst:
- Support project management for the policy/SOP project, including; tracking pro-ject plans/ schedules, coordinating meetings, and performing quality review of de-liverables and work products. Oversee policy, SOP, and supporting document clean-up efforts; coordinate with the policy/SOP support team to track status and ensure completion of follow-up actions in a timely manner; elevate concerns or challenges to the MAS project manager, as appropriate.
- Assist with business analysis/ requirements development for system or application enhancements to promote guidance document accessibility.
• Support NHLBI’s Personnel Review process. In close collaboration with MAS senior analysts:
- Assist with preparation of annual guidance, including maintenance of related guidance documents and templates.
- Support annual review meeting preparation, including coordination of time-lines/schedules, organization of meeting materials, and tracking/follow-up of ac-tion items.
- Track/manage monthly personnel request process, including issuance and consoli-dation of data call requests and corresponding personnel approval logs.
- Fulfill other personnel review-related functions throughout the year, as needed.
• Support oversight of MAS programmatic functions, e.g., timekeeping and organizational changes.
- Perform timekeeping oversight functions, e.g., regular monitoring and reporting of various high-risk scenarios to the Executive Office.
- Facilitate timekeeping-related programs, e.g., the Voluntary Leave Transfer Pro-gram (VLTP). Advise on program policies and processes, review and coordinate applications.
- Facilitate NHLBI organizational changes in accordance with NIH/HHS guide-lines. Advise NHLBI organizations on process. Propose creative solutions to MAS in response to organizational change challenges.
• Support MAS in its fulfillment of leadership goals and objectives for standing up a ro-bust, tailored Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Program at NHLBI; support the Pro-gram’s ongoing sustainability by assisting with project management, coordination of the Risk Management Advisory Committee (RMAC), conduct of ERM processes, and re-view of Program outputs.
• Support additional time-sensitive or high-priority MAS activities, as directed by the MAS Branch Chief or senior analysts. Assist MAS in responding to ad-hoc analysis requests and data calls, meeting deadlines, and providing high-quality customer support.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• 3+ years of professional experience related to management analysis functions.
• Successful completion of advanced courses in business and health administration.
• Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Number of positions