Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a clearance
Long term contract position with the potential for conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
BS + 3 years Max pay - 85K
BS + 6 years Max pay - 110K
Labor Category: Software Engineer
Seeking a Multi-Core Processor (MCP) Software Engineer in support of the Aviation Mission Common Server (AMCS) System Integration and Management project in Huntsville, AL. This candidate will be instrumental in configuration and operation of a Systems Integration Lab (SIL) to test new Multi- Core Processor (MCP) architectures for a next generation Army computing environment. The testing environment will be utilized as an integral process of achieving necessary software Airworthiness certification artifacts and other certifications for Army and NATO Army Avionics air MCP platforms.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Writing software test scripts, performing and automating data acquisition, and establishing appropriate test configurations.
• Configuration and maintenance of Linux user accounts and tools
• Implementation and automation of Test Procedures used to test applications.
• Adhere to scheduled deliveries and function within a formal Agile Development Environment.
• Create and maintain Software Defect Reports in line with formal Software Testing activities
• Update and maintain software repositories in a formally configured software system.
• Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a clearance
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Bachelors and three (3) years or more experience
• Experience with CM processes to include working with Software Change systems, and software Configuration
• Management systems such as SVN, ClearCase, or GIT.
• Experience with Python, BASH, and DOS or other script and interpretive languages typically used to automate test execution and archive results.
• Previous experience assessing the performance characteristics of applications in terms of memory usage and bandwidth
• Experience with C/C++ programming in both CLI and graphical IDE environments
• Fundamental understanding of Object Oriented design and programming.
• Demonstrated self-starter with strong interpersonal communications skills and ability to work across geographically diverse groups.
• Ability to successfully complete tasks with minimal direction working as an individual contributor as well as a team member.
• Previous experience working with real time operating systems and a fundamental understanding of real time programming constraints of data persistence, reentrancy, preemption, scheduling mechanisms, shared memory constructs, cache, and interrupt processing is desired.
• Experience with any real time data interface processing such as RS422, RS232, TCP/IP UDP, or 1553.
Number of positions