Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Estimated duration of 12 months with the potential for extension or conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Labor Category: Electronic Assembler II
Assembly of Electronics including soldering, bonding, staking, and encapsulation of through hole and Surface Mount technology (SMT) parts. Also assembly of cable harnesses and pigtail connector assemblies.
• Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Requires a High School diploma with a minimum of 8 years of related experience or an Associate’s degree with a minimum of 4 year of related experience or related required training.
• Advanced understanding of work techniques, applicable policies, procedures and practices in fabrication of flight and proto-flight printed wiring board electronic assemblies, cabling, chassis wiring, and harnessing; as well as practical applications to problems and situations ordinarily encountered. Applies knowledge and skills in these areas.
• Experience in reading and comprehending drawings/schematics and assembly instructions, working with engineering and able to solve complex problems.
• Limited supervision requiring no instructions on routine work, and general instructions on new assignments and consults with manufacturing engineer on an as needed bases.
• Take’s responsibility and ownership of own and team’s work.
• Extensive experience in working in cleanroom environments and ESD workstations.
• Ability to work under a microscope.
• Note: Second shift, overtime, weekends, and holidays may be required depending on project demand. Schedule may shift to 5/40, if needed.
• Demonstrated IPC J-STD-001 and/or NASA 8739 certification training
• Demonstrated experience in Surface Mount Technology printed wiring assemblies.
• Demonstrated experience in polymerics adhesives, potting, and conformal coating material application and mixing
• Demonstrated experience with JPL fabrication standards for printed wiring electronic assemblies, cables and harnesses.
Number of positions