Jr. Java Engineer
Job opening ID
Jr. Java Engineer
Jr. Java Engineer
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen
W2 with full benefits
Pay Range - $35-37/hr.
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Labor Category: Software Engineer-II (PI)
Raytheon is seeking a highly motivated Software Engineer that works with minimal supervision/guidance to support the Advanced Weather Interactive Processing System (AWIPS) program using Java, Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) architecture, and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) / Enterprise Bus (ESB) software technologies.
The candidate must have experience and knowledge with software engineering using object oriented methodologies. The candidate will work as a software developer and integrator as part of a development team, which utilizes a diverse dynamic workforce, including many experts in their fields throughout the design, development and maintenance life cycle.
• Assist in the design and coding of software products.
• Prepare comprehensive test plans and conducts tests.
• Identify and debug relatively simple problems.
• Provides test results and recommends corrections that are more complex to senior developers.
• Codes enhancements and supports features.
• Participate in writing product and user documentation.
• Possess extensive knowledge of one or more platforms and operating systems, as well as multiple programming languages. Typically requires knowledge of one or more systems architectures.
• Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the Software Engineering field.
• Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish program and individual goals.
• Develop new functional capabilities within software applications to meet a wide range of customer requirements and operational needs
• Integrate a wide variety of applications from various sources, and ensuring they meet performance standards for stability and resource utilization
• Adhere to accepted standards for development, including writing unit tests which provide a high percentage of code coverage, participating in peer code reviews, conducting design reviews, and generating test plans to ensure maximum stability and quality of code
• Must be a US Citizen
• Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
• Two or more years directly related to software development engineering in Java. A thorough understanding of Java gained through formal training can substitute for this experience
• Two or more years of experience in software development using Object Oriented Methodologies. Object Oriented Analysis (OOA) and Object Oriented Design (OOD) skills
• Programming skills Java/J2EE
• Proficiency in Windows, Unix and/or Linux
• Knowledge and understanding of software development life cycles
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance - candidate must be able to pass a National Agency Check (NAC).
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelor of Science, BS in a Math, Science or Engineering related field
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher. (Please include your GPA on your resume.)
Desired Experience, Skills, Knowledge:
• One or more years of experience using Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) and/or Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) web services architecture. A thorough understanding of ESB or J2EE gained through formal training can substitute for this experience.
Number of positions