Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen
W2 with full benefits
Pay Range - $42-45/hr
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Labor Category: Software Engineer-III
Raytheon is seeking a highly motivated Software Engineer that works with minimal supervision/guidance to support the Advanced Weather Interactive Processing System (AWIPS) program using Java, Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) architecture, and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) / Enterprise Bus (ESB) software technologies.
The candidate must have experience and knowledge with software engineering using object oriented methodologies. The candidate will work as a software developer and integrator as part of a development team, which utilizes a diverse dynamic workforce, including many experts in their fields throughout the design, development and maintenance life cycle.
• Design and code software components, units, and modules that meet product specification and development schedules.
• Test and debug assigned components and units,
• Participate in large system and subsystem planning.
• Adhere to product build and release schedules and strategies.
• Act as a technical resource for lower-level developers.
• Possess a comprehensive knowledge of one or more platforms and operating systems and multiple programming languages. Typically requires knowledge of one or more systems architectures.
• Understand a variety of the field concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Perform a variety of complicated tasks and use a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
• Develop new functional capabilities within software applications to meet a wide range of customer requirements and operational needs.
• Integrate a wide variety of applications from various sources, and ensuring they meet performance standards for stability and resource utilization
• Adhere to accepted standards for development, including writing unit tests which provide a high percentage of code coverage, participating in peer code reviews, conducting design reviews, and generating test plans to ensure maximum stability and quality of code
• Must be a US Citizen
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Four or more years directly related to software development engineering in Java. A thorough understanding of Java gained through formal training can substitute for this experience
• Four or more years of experience in software development using Object Oriented Methodologies. Object Oriented Analysis (OOA) and Object Oriented Design (OOD) skills
• Programming skills Java/J2EE
• Proficiency in Unix and/or Linux
• Knowledge and understanding of software development life cycles
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a Public Trust - candidate must be able to pass a National Agency Check (NAC).
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelor of Science, BS in a Math, Science or Engineering related field
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher. (Please include your GPA on your resume.)
• Two or more years of experience using Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) and/or Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) web services architecture. A thorough understanding of ESB or J2EE gained through formal training can substitute for this experience.
• Experience with Software design tools such as Rational Rose, Rhapsody, or comparable tools
• Experience with scripting is a plus (Perl & Python as well as others)
• Experience and/or knowledge with Web Service design and development
• Experience and/or knowledge with Service Oriented Architecture
• Experience developing and/or supporting solutions for weather and meteorological science.
• Experience in Extensible Markup Language (XML), Unified Modeling Language (UML), Eclipse IDE, database, and/or Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) a plus.
• Experience in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or OpenGL technologies a plus.
Number of positions