Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Pay Range: $65 - $70K
Labor Category: Network Administrator
We are looking for a network engineer with a solid track record of quickly becoming an expert with new technologies. The ideal candidate is someone who has been challenged in their career and had to take on the responsibility of owning the network. Someone who has failed and become better for it. We are looking for a self-motivated team player. Job responsibilities include:
• Wide Area Network (WAN) and Local Area Network (LAN) Support
• Support WAN and LAN support activities.
• Maintain/update diagrams of WAN / LAN data communication connections (i.e., external point to point data communication circuits, internet connections, circuit and/or packet switching).
• Provide automated alerts from network monitoring system for network (WAN) outages in compliance with Government-approved Service Level Agreement(s) (SLA), or federal mandates.
• Coordinate with Government-approved communication vendors, customers, partners, and other mission systems to troubleshoot network problems, outages, or any other issues impacting the SLA. This includes coordination with leased communication providers to initiate trouble tickets.
• Diagnose and resolve issues given a network equipment failure or connection outage.
• Respond to calls from operations staff and/or Help Desk for resolution of an outage or unacceptable mission system network performance.
• Provide remote instruction (when not on site) to the Government and onsite support for problem resolutions. This does not absolve the requirement of the Contractor to be physically present when needed.
• Document Network Outage Event Reports as soon as practical following troubleshooting and problem resolution activities for submission to the Government Network Manager. Add the resolution to Work Request or Trouble Ticket as part of the CM process.
• Maintain current, documented configuration of networks (LAN) and network equipment in the CI database.
• Provide network engineering support for approved change requests associated with the operational networks.
• Comply with Government-approved configuration practices for WAN network equipment configurations, port assignments, network diagrams, and IP addresses assignments and submit a VLAN Matrix Report and IP Address/Subnet Management Report to the government monthly.
• Must be a US Citizen
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a credit check
• Minimum Years Experience 5 - 7 Years
• Clearance: NACI
• AWS Cloud Experience
• Cisco Routing or Switching Experience
• Major Plus: Juniper Certifications
• The candidate must be extremely versed in routing protocols, particularly BGP, IS-IS, OSPF2 and OSPF3.
• Must be knowledgeable of QoS concepts and mechanics. This includes DSCP, COS, Shaping, policing, and order of precedence.
• Must have a basic understanding of MPLS technologies, concepts and terminology.
• Juniper Routing & Switching Expertise
• Participate in network design and implementation.
• Strong Data Center Project Work
• Experience with Windows AD Domain Services, SCCM and WSUS configuration/management preferred
• Certifications with major system vendors such as Red Hat, Cisco and Juniper
• Proven network engineering, network operations, and network performance analysis skills
• Hands-on technical troubleshooting capabilities
• Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
• Knowledge of computing and storage network infrastructures
• Familiarity with server management and monitoring tools
• Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving ability
• Proficiency with scripting languages
• Install and maintain network hardware and software, administer routers, switches, firewalls, VoIP phones, security updates and patches
• Install and support LANs, WANs, network segments - VLANs.
• Monitor network to ensure performance, analyze and isolate issues.
• Perform network address assignment and DNS management.
• Determine network and system requirements
• Experience configuring and maintaining network devices such as: switches, routers, and firewalls
• Expert Knowledge of networking concepts such as: OSI Model, LAN/WAN, IPv4/IPv6, subnetting and VLANs
• Familiarity with Atlassian JIRA and Confluence
• Prior experience administering Linux (primarily) and Windows server operating systems
• Shell scripting experience at a minimum. Preferable candidates have a moderate level of experience with Python or another language, and willingness to learn Go.
Number of positions