Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen
Estimated duration of 9 months with the potential for extension or conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Labor Category: IT Architect VII
The Digital Exchange Architecture (DEA) team supports and operates the Enterprise IT Infrastructure that is provided by the suite of applications within the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) organization. The DEA team is seeking an experienced Oracle Architect and Platform Engineer. This will be an opportunity to apply your technical, communication and leadership skills and partner with other experts to design, implement and operate advanced web technologies to lead and shape the architecture of complex tools used by JPL. Will be responsible for:
• Typically requires Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline with a minimum of 12 years of experience; or Master's degree in relevant discipline with 10+ years of experience; or Doctorate in relevant discipline with 8+ years of experience. (ComputerScience,Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, or relevant discipline).
• Demonstrated strong strategic thinking skills, and ability to see and convey the big picture.
• Experience architecting large highly performant applications on distributed system environments
• Strong critical thinking and synthesis; ability to deal with ambiguity and adapt to a fast-paced, customer-focused operation.
• Consistent track record for delivering successful software systems applying standard methodologies.
• Excellent listening and communications
• Advanced knowledge of applicable Laboratory policies and procedures, NASA policies and procedures, and government regulations.
• Experience in Oracle Cloud and Amazon cloud
• Proficient with Administration on VMware
• Experience with virtualization environments such as Exalogic, Exadata, VMware
• Experience with Docker and Kubernetes environments
• Must be a US Citizen
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Ability to architect the virtual Infrastructure design. understanding of compute, network and storage components integration and
segmentation to ensure reliability, security and performance.
• Proficiency in Private Cloud Appliance (PCA) system administration including provisioning compute nodes, managing network clouds and tenant groups as well as PCA upgrades.
• Ability to provision, configure and support Oracle VM infrastructure components such as OVS, OVM Manager, Virtual Machines, Virtual Networks and Virtual Storage
• Proficiency in Linux and Windows System Administration
• Extensive Knowledge with Oracle Hardware stack including Oracle X8-2, X7-2, X6-2 and X5-2 servers, ZS7-2, ZS5-2 and ZS3-2 ZFS appliance, DE3-24P, DE3-24H disk shelves, Oracle ES1-24 Ethernet Switch, Oracle NM2-36P Infiniband Switch, Oracle Fabric
Interconnect F1-15 switch, Juniper QFX 5100 series switches, Qlogic RAID controllers, Oracle ILOM, SAS, Infiniband and Ethernet
• Strong understanding of Operating Systems statistics and performance measuring tools such as top, vmstat, iostat, qperf, nfsstat
and netstat to identify performance bottlenecks. Ability to tune kernel and hypervisor (Xen, KVM) parameters to achieve maximum performance
• Understanding of BigIP F5 architecture and functionality including LTM VIPs, iRules, monitors, pools and profiles
• Understanding and management of network bonds and load balancing protocols
• Understanding of SAN protocols including Fiber Channel and iSCSI
• Understanding of network services such as LDAP, Kerberos, Active Directory, SMTP, DNS and NTP
• Configuration Management tools such as SaltStack and Ansible
• Shell programming skills (bash, ksh, sh, tcsh, csh)
• Python programming knowledge
• TCP/IP, GRE, Infiniband, EoIB, IPoIB, UDP, SNA/RJE, SSH, FTP, HTTP, TLS/SSL, FIX, SOAP, SNMP, LDAP, SCSI, Fibre Channel, RADIUS,HLS, HDS, Smooth Streaming, MPEG-Dash, RTP/RTSP, RTMP. ITIL, TOGAF
Number of positions