Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Estimated duration of 12 months with the potential for extension or conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Labor Category: Electrical Engineer III
Will be an Electronics Engineer for the Compute Element Electronics Group supporting hardware board design for the Mars Sample Return project.
Responsibilities for this position include:
• Schematic capture.
• Generate parts lists and order parts.
• Generate electronics component footprints for board layout
• Provide board layout guidelines
• Perform board signal integrity and power integrity analyses using Mentor Hyperlynx
• Support test team to complete board tests
• Review test procedures for correctness and completeness
• Perform/review design analyses
• Review all test results against V&V (verification and validation) matrices for correctness and completeness
• Prepare design reviews documents and progress status reports.
• Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Extensive understanding and application of advanced principles, theories, concepts and techniques in Hardware development from top-level requirements, design, implementation, and test.
• Bachelor with 4 years of related experience
• Master with 2 years of related experience
• Experience with capturing electronic circuit schematic and generating electronic component symbols and footprints using Mentor
DxDesigner/Expedition tool suite
• Experience with performing signal and power integrity analyses using Mentor Hyperlynx tool suite
• Experience with l analog circuits and high speed digital circuits
• Familiarity with electronic assembly fabrication and manufacturing processes
• Working knowledge of applicable industry and/or JPL practices and standards such as engineering drawing practices and electronic packaging design and fabrication.
Desired Skills :
• Experience with developing military or space qualified electronics
• Familiarity with IPC or electronics development related military standards
Number of positions