Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen
6 month contract position with potential for extension
W2 with full benefits
Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen
- Report to the Cold Atom Laboratory (CAL) Software Lead and Mission Operations Systems (MOS) Lead respectively.
- Architect, design, implement and support the LabView Ground Data Systems (GDS) software necessary to control the CAL instrument.
- Maintain and support the CAL Flight Instrument Software during Integration and Test phases.
- Require extensive knowledge of LabView FPGA to support the CAL Flight Instrument Software implemented on three National Instruments PXI FPGA cards.
The candidate requires a Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related discipline with a minimum of 9 years of related experience; Master's degree with a minimum of 7 years of related experience; or PhD with a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing requirements for measurement and control systems based on user needs.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretionary and independent judgment in evaluating potential approaches and solutions to instrumentation problems.
- Proven decision-making and problem solving skills, including the ability to troubleshoot highly complex real-time FPGA based control systems.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing measurement and control systems using LabVIEW for Windows
- Experience with the National Instruments hardware platform.
- Working knowledge of digital electronics, digital data busses, protocols, and systems implemented with digital electronics.
- Experience and/or understanding of hardware/software interfaces.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated effectiveness in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently under a set schedule.
- Proven ability to establish task priorities and manage change as the project/task evolves in reaction to new requirements.
- Capability to advise the project/management on instrumentation industry trends that can either obsolete or improve a measurement and/or a control system.
Number of positions