Electronic Assembler - 10+ OPENINGS!
Job opening ID
Electronic Assembler - 10+ OPENINGS!
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen
12 month contract position
W2 with full benefits
Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
As an Electronic Prototype Technician, you will be working for JPL's Electronic Manufacturing, Packaging, & Technical Services Section, which provides engineering services that include the following: fabrication of electronics (boards and cables/harnesses), microelectronic and photonic hardware; electronic packaging, manufacturing engineering and electronic hardware thermal/structural analysis; advanced electronic packaging engineering, technology development and process engineering; technical facilities management and cleanroom services/certification; custom measurement systems development and instrumentation services; calibration services, test equipment loan pool and metrology engineering, and
technical inventory management, cryogenics services and Flight Hardware Logistics Program (FHLP). The specific job will be working in the Electronic Fabrication or Cable Fabrication & Production Control groups as a technician.
Job responsibilities include:
• Perform printed wiring board electronic assembly, hybrid, hand soldering, connector pin crimping, cabling, chassis wiring, microelectronic assembly, hand soldering, mechanical assembly, and chassis wiring for development, engineering model and flight electronic systems.
• Perform a variety of fabrication operations and will be expected to learn new techniques specific to JPL hardware.
• Use and operate modern robotic and manual manufacturing tools and equipment to produce high reliability printed wiring electronic assemblies and hybrid/microelectronic assemblies.
• Consult with the manufacturing engineer in assessing design modifications and analyzing test data.
• Will be required occasionally to support various customer labs and the Spacecraft Assembly Facility in final integration. Applicant must be able to interface well with peers in a team atmosphere, and with customers and quality assurance personnel, following procedures and specification requirements.
• Work will be performed in time allotted, and to stringent flight-quality workmanship standards
• Requires a High School diploma with a minimum of 8 years of related experience or an Associate’s degree with a minimum of 4 year of related experience or related required training.
• Advanced understanding of work techniques, applicable policies, procedures and practices in fabrication of flight and proto-flight printed wiring board electronic assemblies, cabling, chassis wiring, and harnessing; as well as practical applications to problems and situations ordinarily encountered. Applies knowledge and skills in these areas.
• Experience in reading and comprehending drawings/schematics and assembly instructions, working with engineering and able to solve complex problems.
• Limited supervision requiring no instructions on routine work, and general instructions on new assignments and consults with manufacturing engineer on an as needed bases.
• Take’s responsibility and ownership of own and team’s work.
• Extensive experience in working in cleanroom environments and ESD workstations.
• Ability to work under a microscope.
• Demonstrated IPC J-STD-001 and/or NASA 8739 certification training (HIGHLY DESIRED)
• Demonstrated experience in Surface Mount Technology printed wiring assemblies.
• Demonstrated experience in polymerics adhesives, potting, and conformal coating material application and mixing
• Demonstrated experience with JPL fabrication standards for printed wiring electronic assemblies, cables and harnesses.
Basic Safety Training:
- Safety Awareness Orientation Video (required)
- Hazard Communication/Chemical Safety CCR* Title 8; Subchapter 7, Section 5194
- Other specialized safety training required
- Desired: Cleanroom Fundamentals and Practices for Contamination, ESD Control, Hazardous Waste Generator, Hazard Communication/Chemical Safety, Quality Assurance Connector Mate, Quality Assurance Mechanical Hardware, Lead Awareness
Safety Requirements (Specify Job-specific safety equipment, certifications, etc.)
Required: NASA Standards 8739.4 Crimp, Cable and Harness, NASA Standards 8739.1 Polymeric Application Conformal Coating , Quality Assurance Module 1- IPC-J-STD-001 CIS Soldered-Introduction, Quality Assurance Module 2- Wires and Terminals, Quality Assurance Module 3- Through Hole Components, Quality Assurance Module 6- Space Applications
Number of positions