Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen
Some travel may be required
Columbus Technologies and Services Inc. is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Columbus offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Operations Coordinator to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive salary
- Tremendous growth opportunity
- Opportunity to work at NIH, the world's foremost medical research center
- Learn more about what Columbus can do for you at www.columbususa.com
Coordinate the day-to-day office operation, including, but not limited to: problem and conflict resolution, organization and prioritization of tasks; respond to written communications; copy documents; establish and maintain files (hard copy and electronic); track and maintain inventory of office supplies; and answer phone calls.
• Compose correspondence requiring understanding of technical issues within the office.
• Design and coordinate systems and SOPs for communications among staff to facilitate the efficient flow of information relating to projects and program activities.
• Note commitments made by executive level during meetings and arrange for staff implementation.
• Independently, arrange for staff member to represent organization at conferences and meetings, establish appointment priorities, or reschedule or refuse appointments or invitations.
• Review outgoing correspondence for executive level's approval and alert writers to any conflict with the file or departure from policies or executive level's viewpoints; make recommendations to resolve problems that arise.
• In the executive level's absence ensure that requests for action or information are relayed to the appropriate staff; decide whether executive level should be notified of important or emergency Issues.
• Review and summarize the content of incoming materials, specially gathered information, or meetings to assist executive level; coordinate the new information with background office sources; draw attention to important parts or conflicts.
• Develop, maintain and update spreadsheets for personnel, budget and travel actions, and
other relevant activities.
• Coordinate the preparation of a variety of items such as domestic and international travel requests, professional service orders, requests for sponsored travel (Form 348), outside activities (Form 520), official duty memoranda, training requests, individual/mass mailings, correspondence, reports and various forms, and other Institute documents and sources of information. • Gather and analyze information about processes and programs; prepare reports, letters, and other documents for review and input for programs, policies, and activities.
• Train new administrative personnel regarding procedures and processes of the office.
• Research and propose new administrative procedures.
• Coordinate the printing and conversion of paper documents to electronic files.
• Update/maintain shared calendars.
• Coordinate meetings, workshops and courses for staff; schedule meetings and conference rooms, including AV/IT requirements. Prepares meeting materials for upcoming events.
• Maintain office records including office procurements and reimbursement procedures.
• Provide support with timekeeping duties.
Bachelor's degree in related discipline. Four (4) years of specialized experience plus a high school diploma is equivalent to a Bachelor's degree.
• Minimum often (10) years of experience in a related field.
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work on a team.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Expertise in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint).
• Knowledge of organizational travel, personnel, budget and purchasing systems.
Number of positions