Supply Chain Specialist
Job opening ID
Supply Chain Specialist
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen
7 month contract position
W2 with full benefits
Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
Training will be provided
Perform the physical or administrative tasks involved in the receiving, segregating, storing, distributing and shipping of materials, parts, supplies and
equipment. Unpack, check and document goods received. Pack and ship items using appropriate tools (containers, machinery, and packing materials
such foam and popcorn). Ensure documentation is in compliance with regulations. Ensure items and shipments to/from customers and the off-site
storage warehouse are timely and accurate.
• Knowledge-of and use-in the Plant Clearance Automated Reutilization Screening System (PCARSS) system.
• Familiarity or a working knowledge of the GSA Sales process
• Some knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Business Enterprise Systems, such as Oracle and a PDM system; or, equivalent
combination of education and experience which provides both theoretic and practical knowledge.
• General knowledge of Laboratory policies and procedures, NASA policies and procedures, and government regulations across a range of
• APICS, NPMA, or CPM certification desired
• Should be familiar with the "tactical” aspect of Supply Chain Management (SCM) including; transportation, developing throughput processes,
general understanding of the requisitioning processing process, and follow-up procedures.
• Must possess Forklift operation Certification
• Must be capable of lifting 50 lbs. un-assisted
• Must provide and wear steel-toed safety shoes
• Typically requires a High School diploma with a minimum of 3 years of general work experience; related required training.
General understanding and application of standard principles, theories, concepts and techniques in inventory handling and basic inventory
management; general understanding of inventory auditing methods including floor-to-record, and record-to-floor
• Requires knowledge in supply chain services, inventory management and control, material handling, shipment of products, and third-party
• Good customer service skills,
• Clear and coherent (well-articulated) verbal and written documentation and communication skills
• Basic computing skills, including demonstrated Web-based application usage experience; and, familiarity and use of Microsoft Office products
(Word, *Excel, PowerPoint) (*emphasis on Excel)
• Prior warehouse equipment (e.g. Forklift) and typical Material Handling Equipment (MHE) experience (e.g. pallet jacks, electric lifts, hand trucks,
shrink wrap equipment, scales, banding equipment, etc.)
• Prior experience with Barcode (or similar) scanners and software
• Well organized and versed in utilizing prioritization skills
• Demonstrated knowledge-of and use-in a web-based inventory and/or purchasing product (such as Amazon or E-Bay)
Number of positions