Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen
8 month contract position
W2 with full benefits
Must be able to pass background check, DMV check, and drug screen
Administers property control program activities to ensure continual accountability of government and customer furnished property in accordance with
applicable government regulations or corporate policy. Oversees property accountability records including condition determination. Ensures the
appropriate disposal of surplus or obsolete material or equipment. Contacts potential users and negotiates property transfers. Conducts property
audits; provides guidance on government regulations pertaining to property accountability; develops, recommends, and implements property
Performs moderately complex job functions and activities within assigned area. Leads physical inventories and performs audits of government furnished
material and equipment. Investigates and reports lost or damaged property.
Reviews inventory/ accountability records for government and customer furnished real and personal property (including equipment, machinery,
special tooling, vehicles and facilities) from receipt to final disposition. Ensures completion and accuracy. Oversees data accumulation, validation,
and submissions as entries into the Fixed Asset tracking system; assigns specific government control codes (e.g. Federal Supply Group (FSG) and
Federal Supply Class (FSC)); researches and applies appropriate invoice valuation to assets; and, assures all appropriate transactionally required
documents are included and attached to asset records; prepares moderately complex reports and documents.
Confirms that the control of asset items conforms to policy requirements, coordinates processes for property acquisition, transfers and disposition,
and provides assistance to other departments regarding asset accountability matters.
Evaluates property to assess its condition during all phases of the property lifecycle. Monitors the movement of property, ensuring that a change of
ownership, accountability or location is accomplished in accordance with applicable government regulations, customer contracts or corporate policy.
Ensures submission of proper documentation to government agencies in accordance with provided requirements. Uses applicable policies,
procedures and practices as guides to determine work methods and deliver results. Partner with subcontractors regarding moderately complex
property matters to ensure a general understanding and application of standard principles, theories, concepts and techniques in a relevant field of
knowledge. Has some knowledge in one or more related fields of knowledge: Property Management; Government Property; Financial Property
Elements Relating to Materiel or Asset Accountability; Supply Chain Management of Government. Has general knowledge of applicable industry
and/or academic practices and standards Has general knowledge of applicable Laboratory policies and procedures, NASA policies and procedures,
and government regulations. Works on day-to-day assignments under general supervision; typically receiving general or detailed instructions on new
assignments. Reports to the group supervisor of Property Accountability. Work is reviewed for accuracy and overall adequacy.
• Bachelor’s Degree with 3 years related experience; Master’s Degree with 1 year related experience in Business Administration, finance, or
• Experience with managing institutional or government property
• Experience extracting, analyzing and presenting specified output from large volumes of data
• Experience with metrics creation/generation
• Ability to demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Some knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Business Enterprise Systems, such as Oracle and a PDM system; or, equivalent
combination of education and experience which provides both theoretic and practical knowledge.
• General knowledge of Laboratory policies and procedures, NASA policies and procedures, and government regulations across a range of
• Should be familiar with the "tactical” aspects of Property Management including; acquisition, cost application, lifecycle management and disposition
• APICS, NPMA, or CPM certification
• Data Science and analysis background
• Creative problem solving capabilities
• Process development knowledge/capability
• Computer software/program design experience
Number of positions