Jr Software Engineer
Job opening ID
Jr Software Engineer
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen
18 month contract position
W2 with full benefits
Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
As part of the OCIO Hosting Service team, will provide consulting and support for applications and systems to solve a wide array of customer needs including web and database development, software packaging, and application support. Will provide advanced consulting and end-user support to install, configure and maintain database servers, web servers, custom and COTS applications onsite and in the cloud. Will build custom code and scripts using SQL, Shell, Python and PowerShell script. Will troubleshoot problems, debug applications and find resolutions to complex issues and
• Typically requires a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related discipline with a minimum of 3 years of related; Masters degree insimilar disciplines with a minimum of 1 year of related experience; or PhD in similar disciplines with 0 years related experience.
• Extensive understanding and wide application of principles, theories, concepts and techniques in a relevant field of knowledge, such as web and
database development, software packaging and application support
• Experience with installing, configuring, tuning, troubleshooting and maintaining MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle databases on both Linux
and Windows systems.
• Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems and able to run routine operations such as cronjob, background job, ping, tar, gzip, nslookup, and rpm.
• Ability to write and maintain shell, SQL and Python scripts
• Ability to write PowerShell script on Windows system
• Experience building software package from source code with Make and cmake utility
• Experience building software packages with rpm utility and patching and upgrading applications and middleware
• Maintenance and support of LAMP (Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP) technology stack
• Ability to install and maintain Tomcat, Apache, Weblogic and IIS
• Knowledge in Windows operating system, and ability to set up IIS and install Windows software packages
• Knowledge of TCP/IP, SSH, SSL and Two Factor authorization
• Able to install, configure and maintain ColdFusion on both Linux and Windows systems.
• Has extensive knowledge of applicable industry and/or academic Database Administration best practices and standards.
• Ability to work individually as a self-starter and be a productive contributor as a team member
• Strong problem solving skills and the ability to systematically troubleshoot and resolve application and environmental issues in a timely fashion
• Work to utilize automation and templates to make the management of environments efficient and scalable
• Experience setting up and maintaining systems and applications in the cloud (AWS)
• MongoDB or similar NoSQL experience highly desired
• Ability to install, configure and maintain Microsoft SQL server
• Knowledge in PHP programming
• Experience with RedHat Jboss
• Experience with VMWare / virtualized environments
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to write detailed instructions and documentation
• Have used or worked in environments employing configuration management and/or configuration control measures.
• Has extensive knowledge of applicable Laboratory policies and procedures, NASA policies and procedures, and government regulations.
Number of positions