Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen
18 month contract position
W2 with full benefits
Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
Will be a member of the Suborbital Radar Science and Engineering Group and will report to the group supervisor. Will be responsible for refurbishing
and upgrading UAVSAR’s L-band active array antenna and P-band high power amplifier subsystem.
• Troubleshoot the functionality of the transmit/receive modules in the L-band active array antenna.
• Replace and/or repair transmit/receive modules and antenna feed network.
• Continue development of TR testbed using CTUSIM.
• Develop new control and timing PCB and firmware for the P-band 2 kW high power amplifier.
• Develop new driver circuits for the high power switching network in the P-band HPA subsystem.
• Troubleshoot calibration path leakage in P-band RF system.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 3 years of related experience; Masters degree in similar disciplines with a minimum
of 1 year of related experience; or PhD in similar disciplines.
• Broad knowledge in one or more of the following related fields: radar electronics, general RF/digital electronics, PCB design, FPGA programming,
and Python programming.
• Ability to carefully assemble/disassemble/test radar hardware with basic understanding of soldering and connector mate/demate procedures.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Good organizational and technical writing skills
• Knowledge of applicable Laboratory policies and procedures, NASA policies and procedures, and government regulations.
• Experience programing Python GUI programs
• Experience with Verilog/VHDL
Number of positions