Field Service Technician (PC + Mac)
Job opening ID
Field Service Technician (PC + Mac)
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen
Long Term Contract position
W2 with Full Benefits
Must be able to pass background, drug and DMV checks
$18-20/hr Pay range
Resolves a broad range of technical issues in support of customer computer hardware, software, and network. Diagnoses, identifies, isolates and analyzes problems utilizing historical data base records. Installs and configures software. Alerts management to recurring incidents and patterns of problems. Set up and tests a variety of systems and hardware components/peripherals prior to field deployment and provides computer repair and test capability for all company departments. Analyzes failed systems according to established standard operating procedures. Performs repairs and tests of systems that can be repaired in-house. Performs preventive and on-demand maintenance on a variety of systems. Be responsible for ensuring customers’ computer issues are resolved. May escalate issues to other service groups. Maintains and updates records and tracking databases. Participates as a member on project teams performing a variety of computer related activities. Participates in idea sharing and problem resolution. Provides support outside of regular duties as needed. May drive Lockheed Martin owned vans carrying equipment on-site at JPL. The ability to lift 50+ lbs. is a must if work in the field.
• High School Diploma &/or Associates Degree
• Additional experience can be substituted for higher education
• 3-7 years experience supporting 3 of the following technologies:
o Windows OS
o Mac OS X (or greater)
o Networking Systems
o Mobile Technologies (Blackberry, iPhone, Android, Cell Phones, PDA’s)
• Experience using call management systems and trouble ticket systems (BMC Remedy, etc.)
• Intermediate – Advanced specialty in one technology area (Mac, MS, Viruses, Mobile Computing, Security, etc.)
• Experience using remote take over tools (Timbuktu, NTR, Bomgar etc.)
Technical Certifications (one or more of the following)
• Microsoft Certifications (N or N-1 version) – Including the following certifications and/or their relevant successors.
• Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) - 2 certifications minimum
• Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
• Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)
• Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
o MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician 7 (2 exams)
o MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator 7 (2 exams)
• Apple Certifications - Including the following certifications and/or their relevant successors.
• Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) (N or N-1 version)
• Apple Certified Macintosh Technician (ACMT) Field Support Only
• A+ Certification
• Applicable Red Hat/Linux Certification
• Other industry recognized specialty Hardware and OS certifications
• Valid California Drivers License – This position may require driving on JPL site.
• The ability to safely and comfortably lift and carry up to 50+ lbs.
• Legally allowed to work in the US as verified by e-Verify.
• US Citizen – Existing staff with valid JPL badges exempt.
• Strong dedication to customer service and excellent verbal/written communications skills, superior telephone skills, and interpersonal skills.
• Field Support Only
• Systems Maintenance & Recovery Tools knowledge / Experience
• Apple ACMT Certification
• Microsoft Certified Office Specialist (MCOS)
Performs non-routine and moderately complex assignments. Researches assignments, processes, and analyzes data and may develop recommendations. May provide directions to lower level employees. May develop and/or modify standard operating procedures to requirements with appropriate approvals.
Considerable knowledge of the job. Complete acquaintance with and understanding of general aspects of the job with a limited understanding of the technical phases of the job. Expert proficiency with network protocols. Minimum one year of field work.
Limited supervision. No instructions are needed on routine work, and only general instructions for new lines of work or special assignments.
Number of positions