Mid-level SW Systems Engineer
Job opening ID
Mid-level SW Systems Engineer
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen
18 month contract position
W2 with full benefits
Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
As part of the OCIO Hosting Service team, will provide consulting and support for window applications and systems to solve a wide array of customer needs including web, database, software, and application support. Will provide advanced consulting and end-user support to install, configure and maintain database services, web services, custom and COTS applications both onsite and in the cloud. Will modify and build custom code and scripts using SQL, Shell, Python and PowerShell to support and automate tasks. Will troubleshoot problems, debug applications and find resolutions to complex issues and customer requests.
• Typically requires a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related discipline with a minimum of 3 years of related experience; Masters degree in
similar disciplines with a minimum of 1 year of related experience; or PhD in similar disciplines with 0 years related experience.
• Extensive understanding and wide application of principles, theories, concepts and techniques in a relevant field of knowledge, such as web and
database services, patching, upgrades, testing and application support
• Experience with installing, configuring, tuning, troubleshooting and maintaining MySQL and Microsoft SQL database services
• Ability to write and maintain shell, SQL, Python and PowerShell scripts
• Experience building, patching and upgrading applications and middleware
• Ability to install, patch, upgrade and maintain Tomcat, Apache, Weblogic, Lucee and IIS
• Knowledge of TCP/IP, SSH, SSL and Two Factor authorization
• Coordinate with customers to perform software security testing and scans.
• Administer policies and standards related to security and technical implementation guidance
• Ability to work individually as a self-starter and be a productive contributor as a team member
• Participate in application service testing and document results.
• Strong problem solving skills and the ability to systematically troubleshoot and resolve application and environmental issues in a timely fashion
• Work to utilize automation and templates to make the management of application services more efficient and scalable
• Experience setting up and maintaining systems and applications in the cloud (AWS)
• MongoDB or similar NoSQL experience highly desired
• Knowledge in PHP programming
• Experience with VMWare / virtualized environments
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to write detailed instructions and documentation
• Have used or worked in environments employing configuration management and/or configuration control measures.
• Has extensive knowledge of applicable Laboratory policies and procedures, NASA policies and procedures, and government regulations.
Number of positions