Power Electronics Engineer
Job opening ID
Power Electronics Engineer
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen
1 year contract position
W2 with full benefits
Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
Performs complicated and difficult electrical engineering work of major complexity. Utilizes an extensive background to assist in the completion and execution of varied systems, LAN/WAN applications or aerospace hardware/software engineering. Formulates recommendations on routine technical problems with limited guidance. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
Provides engineering support for requirements analysis, feasibility studies, specification development, interface design, logistics analysis and human engineering activities.
Conducts independent technical investigation involving the application of the principles of electronics in the
origination or modification of material, component or process specifications and requirements.
Performs applications/security/test engineering.
Assumes lead in evaluating/modifying existing systems and recommending changes.
Prepares design specifications, analyses and preparesrecommendations for presentation and approval.
Prepares activity progress reports.
Maintains files/records/operational data related to assigned
Maintains technical currency and competence.
Provides technical guidance to lower-level personnel.
Performs other duties as assigned.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar technical discipline with typically a minimum of 3 years of related
experience, a Master’s degree in similar disciplines with typically a minimum of 1 year of related experience, or a PhD in similar disciplines.
The ideal candidate must have skills, experience and knowledge in the following areas:
· Experience in one or more of the following areas: Analog Electronics, Controls, or Power Systems Design
· Experience in the design, development, fabrication, assembly and test of analog or power electronics hardware.
· Experience with test software and hardware, particularly using LabView and LabView-compatible test equipment, including the selection, assembly, and use of electronic bench test equipment.
· Knowledge of generating software for computation and simulations associated with electronics development and/or test, using computer languages
such as LabView, MatLab, or Python.
· Knowledge of industry and/or academic practices and standards across a range of applications related to the development, testing and integration
of electronic assemblies for space applications.
· Good oral and written communication.
Preferred qualifications include experience and demonstrated capability in the areas of:
· Experience in the use of computer aided engineering tools to support the electronics design process
· Experience in the application of principles, theories, concepts and techniques in electronic circuit design, simulation, and test, particularly focused
on analog electronics in space environments.
· Familiarity with JPL policies and procedures, NASA policies and procedures, and government regulations across a range of applications.
Number of positions