Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen
1 year contract position
W2 with full benefits
Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
Will be responsible for performing administrative/clerical support to multiple technical groups within the section and backup support to the Section Office. This is primarily an administrative support position, demonstrating a solid customer orientation, great organizational skills and flexibility in the performance of the job. You will be a member of the Business Administration Section and report to the Section Business Administration Manager.
Tasks may include, but are not limited to:
• Preparing and processing foreign and domestic travel, generating travel reports, processing affiliate badge requests for domestic and foreign visitors and escorting visitors as necessary
• P-card purchasing, processing requisitions and iProcurement orders
• Coordinate meetings via Outlook, maintaining conference room schedules, arranging conference calls via WebEx
• Assisting with preparation of presentations, graphics, and website inputs, including proofreading and editing, coordinating office moves and new hire preparations.
• Coordinate office moves and new hires preparation.
• May assist in performing ergonomic evaluations, updating WAMs, coordinating on-site and off-site workshops and other ad hoc assignments.
Job typically requires a High School diploma with a minimum of 3-6 years of related experience; Associates degree with a minimum of 0-1 year of related experience; related required training.
• Experience in the secretarial profession with strong organizational, computer and interpersonal skills.
• Strong planning and scheduling skills.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure on multiple complex tasks, and work independently with minimal supervision to meet commitments with high quality products.
• Motivated self-starter who takes the initiative to establish and implement process improvements.
• Ability to evaluate situations and apply good judgment in any necessary resolution.
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel and provide excellent customer service.
• Must exercise proper discretion when handling assignments of a discreet nature and when dealing with sensitive material.
• Must be a team player.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Extensive understanding of JPL/ESD policies, procedures, and practices.
• Staff Assistant experience in a technical section office environment.
• Experience with JPL tools such as Docushare, JPLID, UCS, Travel and Timekeeping.
• Knowledge of JPL procurement processes such as Purchase Requisition, P-Card and iProcurement.
• Familiarity with the JPL-ID process and on-boarding of volunteers, affiliates, and foreign nationals
• Experience with Microsoft SharePoint.
• Experience with JPL foreign and domestic travel policies and procedures.
• Willingness to look for, learn, and apply new Information Technology (IT) tools to office procedures and processes.
Number of positions