Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen
1 month contract position
Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
This position provides principal secretarial support in an office, usually to one individual, and, in some cases, to the subordinate staff of that individual. The Secretary maintains a close and highly responsive relationship to the day-to-day activities of the supervisor and staff, works fairly independently receiving a minimum of detailed supervision and guidance, and performs various clerical and secretarial duties requiring knowledge of office routine and an understanding of the organization, programs, and procedures related to the work of the office. Computers may exist in the environment, requiring working knowledge of certain office software programs
• Typically requires a High School diploma with a minimum of 3-6 years of related experience; Associate’s degree with 1 year of related experience; or related required training.
• Experience in the secretarial profession with strong organizational, computer and interpersonal skills.
• Strong planning and scheduling skills.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure on multiple tasks, and work independently with minimal supervision to meet commitments with high quality products.
• Motivated self-starter who takes the initiative to establish and implement process improvements.
• Ability to evaluate situations and apply good judgment in any necessary resolution.
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel and provide excellent customer service.
• Must exercise proper discretion when handling assignments of a discreet nature and when dealing with sensitive material.
• Must be a team player.
• Significant experience making travel arrangements and subsequent expense reports.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Extensive understanding of JPL/ESD policies, procedures, and practices.
• Secretarial experience in office environment that supports technical staff (Engineers, Scientist, etc).
• Experience in JPL-based tools, such as DocuShare, Travel Concur, Outlook Mail and Calendar tool, etc.
• Knowledge of JPL procurement processes such as P-Card and iProcurement.
• Knowledge of JPL reporting tools such as Data Extractor, Discoverer, and CFMR.
• Willingness to identify, learn, and apply new Information Technology (IT) to office procedures and processes.
• Familiarity with the JPL-ID process and on-boarding of volunteers, affiliates, and foreign nationals.
• Experience in coordinating special events, including event logistics.
Number of positions