Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Labor Category: Project Manager
Pay Range: $52.00 - $56.10
The Columbus Team is looking for a Project Manager to support the SETS Contract with NOAA. This role directly supports the NOAA NESDIS OSGS director of systems engineering. The selectee for this position will be supporting the Office of Systems Architecture and Advanced Planning (OSAAP), which serves as the single organization for enterprise level systems engineering, systems architecture, and high-level advanced planning of all services in NESDIS. OSAAP is investigating use of commercial weather data and services, which requires project management to organize, coordinate, plan, and execute ventures with the commercial sector including writing RFIs, and conducting demonstrations. The project manager will outline, write, update, and develop some or all of the required documentation including, but not limited to, framework, management plans, CONOPS, requirements definition, schedule, costs, risk analyses, analyses of alternatives and address any related issues and concerns. Knowledge of project management practices is required.
This work will be performed primarily at the NOAA Silver Spring, College Park, and NSOF (Suitland, MD) locations with some tasks being conducted at the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Silver Spring, MD.
• Must be a US Citizen and Registered for Selective Service
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Education Requirement: BS 10+, MS 8+
• This Project Manager will be supporting extremely complex programs and will be working with other contractors as well
as US Government representatives and decision makers. The majority of work assignments are self-directed; therefore,
the selectee must have a successful track record for working independently, managing time, managing multiple
(sometimes conflicting) priorities, and personally accountable for completion of duties and assignments.
• This is not a learn on the job role.
• The person must be a self starter and have good inter-personal skills.
• A successful candidate must have:
- Experience and understanding of working in the government and commercial weather data and services.
- Project Management skills in this arena is required.
- Ensure mission goals and objectives (stated and implied) are foremost in analysis and subsequent recommendations
• Work with government and contractor personnel to propose, influence, and design plans, as appropriate.
• Active participant in meetings, working groups, teams
• Compilation of reports, presentations, white papers, recommendations, and position statements
• Excellent written and oral presentation skills
• While not required to supervise the activities of others, the selectee is required to have leadership skills to champion
mission/project goals and objectives.
• Past experience with NOAA (especially NESDIS) or NASA systems, missions, projects, and protocols is preferred; however, applicable experience with other government agencies will be considered.
• PMP Certification (current)
Number of positions