Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Estimated duration of 18 months with the potential for extension or conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Some travel may be required.
Labor Category: Systems Engineer III
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced engineer to join the Europa Verification and Validation (V&V) team. You will report to the 313C group supervisor and work on tasks relating to the V&V of the Europa Clipper mission.
Job responsibilities may include:
• Be a member of the Europa Clipper verification and validation team
• Report programmatically to the Project V&V and Flight System V&V leads and administratively to the technical group supervisor
• Be responsible for contributing to the planning and execution of the Phase C/D V&V program across the Europa Clipper Project
• Lead project and flight system engineers through the creation and execution of V&V Activity Plans and matrices.
• Support the objectives of project and system level validation tests in coordination with Project stakeholders, and guides the execution of these tests.
• Be responsible for the review and audit analysis of test data to ensure requirements are met, and support the timely closure of requirements.
• Assess lower level and vendor plans for technical integrity, completeness, and adherence to Project V&V requirements.
• Support the Certification of Flight Readiness (CoFR) process.
• Contribute to the overall technical integrity of the project and flight system V&V program.
• Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Wide-ranging experience and advanced knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Systems Engineering, Verification and Validation, System Testbeds, System-level Integration and Test (I&T), Payload Systems.
• Knowledge of industry and/or academic practices across a range of applications related to principles, theories, concepts, designs, analyses, and techniques in V&V.
• Experience planning or executing V&V activities on project, flight or payload systems.
• System I&T experience with flight systems during spacecraft assembly, integration, test and launch preparations.
• Significant knowledge of the function and operation of spacecraft systems, subsystems, and instruments.
• Proven ability to lead the activities of and to synthesize the unique discipline knowledge of a broad range of technical subject matter experts.
• Experience coordinating design efforts with partner organizations or vendors.
• Be a self-motivated individual who can work independently, in a team environment, and lead a team.
• Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
• Thorough understanding of systems engineering methods and applications as well as V&V processes and products
• Ability to work independently on major project assignments, with accountability for technical performance, budget and schedule
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Proven ability to deal with multiple issues, tasks and priorities concurrently
• Proven ability to interact effectively across multiple disciplines with government and non-government agencies
• Experience leading tasks and coordinating working groups on large-scale projects in system development, test, and/or operations
• Experience with development and delivery of system documentation, such as requirements documents, test plans, and analyses
Number of positions