Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Estimated duration of 18 months with the potential for extension or conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Labor Category: Facilities Engineer II
The CAD Operator provides timely updates of facility record drawings using information from as-built project drawings. These record drawings are for a campus of approximately 150 buildings (1,600,000 square feet) and related grounds (175 acres) which include office areas, laboratory areas, machine shops, outdoor testing facilities, parking structures and lots, as well as supporting site-wide utilities (electrical, water, gas, compressed air, storm & sanitary drawings, etc.).
The work involves:
• Reviewing as-built drawings from specific projects and field verifying the information as necessary to document actual conditions
• Participating in the development and maintenance of the JPL CAD Standard
• Checking submitted electronic drawings for compliance with JPL CAD Standard
• Updating floor plans for JPL web-site and other applications
• Preparing presentation graphics as requested by Facilities Division staff members
• Performing other duties as assigned by Facilities Engineering Management
• Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• AA degree in CAD drawing with 4 years related experience. Three years related work experience in creating/maintaining CAD drawings.
• This position requires an organized approach to documenting and maintaining the facility configuration of a large campus that is continuously being modified.
• It requires a general knowledge of building design and construction methodologies.
• It requires detailed knowledge of facility construction documentation as well as National CAD Standard.
• It also requires a strong working knowledge in the AutoCAD and Revit software applications.
• Good team working skills are a must, as well as strong written and verbal communication skills.
The following skills are desired for this position:
• Expertise in AutoCAD and Revit software programs
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, Sketch-up, and Photoshop applications
• Experience in producing well organized, accurate CAD drawings
• Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
Number of positions