Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Estimated duration of 11 months with the potential for extension or conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Labor Category: Computer Security Engineer III
Be the Software Engineer in group 393D for TTC subsystems and participate in the software development for the Human Space Flight, including responsibility for development of software, the interfaces, requirements, trace matrices, system integration and deployment. Partners with the DSN Operation and Engineering Office, tracking stations and system engineering teams and serves as the subsystem engineer to develop, maintain, design, implement and deliver new, improved and modified capabilities. Partners in software development activities and leads testing, troubleshooting and analysis of discrepancy reports. Participates in design and implementation of the next generation hardware and software deliveries for TTC Software systems. Incorporate software development processes and task quality measures and participate in verification and validation of interim deliverables.
• Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics or a related discipline with 6 years of experience, or an MA/MS degree with 4 years of experience, or a PhD with 2 years of experience.
• Extensive knowledge of C-Programming, Unix, Linux (Red Hat), scripting (Shell, Perl, Python, Tcl/Tk) and networking.
• Proven ability to effectively lead, mentor, and challenge other members of the group as needed.
• Proven commitment to customer satisfaction. Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with institutional and project management at all levels.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills.
Number of positions