Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Estimated duration of 12 months with the potential for extension or conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Labor Category: Software Systems Engineer III
Be the Software Engineer in group 393D for TTC (Telemetry, Tracking and Commanding) subsystems and have responsibility for development of software, the interfaces, requirements, trace matrices, system integration and deployment of the upcoming Human Space Flight missions. Partners with the Deep Space Network Operation and Engineering Office, tracking stations and system engineering teams and serves as the subsystem engineer to develop, maintain, design, implement and deliver new, improved and modified capabilities for implementation. Partners in software development activities and leads testing, troubleshooting and analysis of discrepancy reports. Participates in design and implementation of the next generation hardware and software deliveries for TTC Software systems. Incorporate software development processes and task quality measures and participate in verification and validation of interim deliverables.
• Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics or a related discipline with 6 years of experience, or an MA/MS degree with 4 years of experience, or a PhD with 2 years of experience.
• Extensive knowledge of C-Programming, Unix, Linux (Red Hat), scripting (Shell, Perl, Python, Tcl/Tk) and networking.
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with institutional and project management at all levels.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills.
• Knowledge of DSN subsystem requirements and interfaces. Advanced knowledge in Telemetry and Tracking of DSN's downlink data delivery systems, and relevant interfaces.
• Proven management and leadership abilities.
• Extensive understanding and advanced techniques in analyzing DSN subsystem problems and operational issues.
• Proven ability using CM tool.
• Proven ability to partner with lead engineers to design and implement highly complex solutions for advanced telemetry data delivery.
• Command of current industry and JPL software engineering standards and practices.
Number of positions